To my loyal & valued customers,
Fishing around the shop has slowed to a crawl!
- The Nissitissit and Squannacook Rivers have almost a NEGATIVE FLOW. Please everyone, do your best rain dance to the gods or we may not get a fall stocking on some of our area rivers. That would turn out to be a nightmare for all local anglers.
- The Swift and Deerfield Rivers are still fishing well and are worth a day trip on your part.
- The Millers River has been very weak as well. Did I say “WE NEED H20”!
- The Saco River in North Conway, NH has held up well. The fishing there has been stellar. Moderate water levels from thunderstorms and lots of fish being returned to the water has made it an ideal place to visit and fish. Call the shop for details on where to fish it.
- Last week I fished the Farmington River in CT. What a well managed GEM. Lots of fish were rising and I saw at least 200 of them during the course of the day. I only managed to hook 1 beautiful Brown and fought him for 7-9 minutes before my reel cost me the fish — Shucks — I estimated the fish to be 30+ inches and 15+ lbs. You know fisherman don’t lie or exaggerate ever!! Either way, I learned a lesson for the 10th time — always check, check, check your gear for inadequacies. A little grease on the shaft would have cured the problem. I’ll try not to let the same dog “bite me twice”.
Recently a friend and myself were out scouting rivers that we had fished this spring. The rivers were dead low with NO flow and we were able to see the bottom and parts of the rivers we haven’t seen in many, many years. It was a great way to spend a day hiking along familiar river trails and seeing what appeared to be a “new” river.
Make notes on the river’s bottom and places to cross the river during higher water. Keep track for future reference where the holes are, where the deadfall is located and where you might fish in the future given that your knowledge of the river has been enhanced by your reconnaissance.
It makes for a feel good day, great exercise, more river knowledge and a sensational diversion from the virus. Also, take the kids along as well. They will have as much fun as you and you will get them out of the house, away from the game boys, computer, couch and TV. Now is the time while the water is so low to learn about several of your favorite haunts with a fly rod. Your findings will startle you.
See you on the water and thank you.
September Shop Specials
- Buy any TFO Rod and get a $25.00 shop gift certificate to use for flies, leaders, tippet, etc.
- Buy any Ross Reel and get a $30.00 shop gift certificate for needed items. Come see the new line-up of reels.
- Buy any Thomas & Thomas Rod and get a free Mastry Fly Line from Scientific Anglers — an $80.00 value.
- Buy any rubber bag net from the store and get 1 dozen flies FREE.
The shop is fully stocked with a large array of new waders, Ross Reels, Lamson reels and distinctive new landing nets. There are over 26,000 flies to choose from. New sun screen apparel, a huge array of new shirts and a vast selection of sun gloves await your arrival. Drop in to see all the new items that “you can’t live without.”
If you need a new pair of sunglasses, come in and see all the offerings. I even have Fitovers for your regular glasses that will provide effective sunglass efficiency. All in all — it’s a small shop with a HUGE inventory to satisfy all your needs. The shop is also stocked with women’s waders and wading boots if your significant other wants to venture out with you.
Internet Purchasing vs. ESFS Purchasing
When you take a look at the rewards program being offered and all the products I carry for your needs, it should become apparent that I’m trying to meet the needs of everyone in the fly fishing community.
Please look closely at the rewards program in conjunction with your purchase needs as I can confidently make the claim that with the rewards program the Evening Sun Fly Shop is the least expensive fly shop in America – Bar none!! There is no fly shop that I know or any conglomerate, mega box store that competes with my prices.
|Internet Purchasing||Evening Sun Purchasing|
|Can’t see or touch product||See, touch and feel before you buy|
|Often you pay for freight/shipping||No freight/shipping charges|
|No custom fitting on waders or boots, sunglasses or any item where sizing is critical||Try it on before you buy it. Sizing is critical to your purchase|
|Not usually a knowledgeable, trained person to talk to who has used the product(s)||Well skilled, trained people to talk to and explain your needs|
|Minimal if at all rewards program||A rewards program that yields up to 31% for your purchasing. Unheard of in the industry!!!|
These are at least 5 reasons to consider calling, stopping in, or e-mailing the shop before you CLICK the mouse. You will help to support a local business that truly cares for you as a client and you will pay no more and always get FREE shipping to your door. Please try us out!!
ESFS Upcoming Events
All classes are on hold for now. If you have signed up for any of these events and want your money back – please don’t hesitate to contact me at the shop for a full refund. I plan on holding these classes as soon as we all feel safe enough to join in. I will keep everyone posted on future dates.
So you think you know everything?
The ESFS will be running every month interesting factoids…
September’s full moon, the Full Corn Moon, reaches peak illumination on Wednesday, September 2, at 1:23 a.m. EDT. For the best view of the full moon, look skyward on the night of the 1st!
Millers River maps
Finally in. Come and take a look at the latest & greatest map created by the shop for this river.
Squannacook and Nissitissit maps
Get your map of the local rivers – the Squannacook & Nissitissit that I created in the store. 700+ copies have already sold to date. These maps will make great gifts.