To my loyal & valued customers,
Welcome to the land of enchantment!
Bugs on the water, sufficient water levels, a multitude of fish in the water, and lots of rivers to chase our dreams! These are the items that we hope come together every season and we are blessed right now. The Swift River, Nissitissit, Squannacook, Millers River, Waloomsac, East Creek, Deerfield, Saco, and Winooski Rivers are all on fire. This should be the year where you Investigate New Water. Call or e-mail the shop for details on where to go.
I am just back from my Tennessee trip. Wow!! is all I can say. Many 18-21″ fish were the order of the day. Check out my Instagram page for pics.
In three weeks, I am headed to California for a trip to hallowed new waters for me. The Pit, Lower and Upper Sacramento, the McCloud, and Fall River are all in my sights. I certainly won’t blame myself for trying to get to them all. At age 72, I want NEW Water! Been there, done that doesn’t do it for me anymore.
The shop has most of what you need in stock. I have had, like everyone, some glitches in stock allocations but for the most part, I should be able to satisfy most of your needs. Korkers boots are in, new reels have arrived, some waders are available and flies, leaders, tippet, net, etc. are here for you.
ESFS is excited to announce the beginning of a premium guide service spearheaded by Bryan Parker. We will be guiding both for cold as well as warm water species. The new guide service is a value-added service that the shop believes will be welcomed by the public. Please call or e-mail the shop for Bryan’s and Scott’s availability and pricing.
Regards and See You on the Water,
ESFS Guide Service
Bryan Parker will be spearheading a new ESFS offering of guide service. We will be guiding both for cold as well as warm water species. Please call or e-mail the shop for pricing and schedule availability for Bryan and Scott.
Deerfield River maps
Announcement: I have finally finished a third map in the series: Come in and get your new copy of The Deerfield River Map.
ESFS Thoughts on a Purchase of a new Outstanding Rod:
Many considerations are given to thought when making a substantial purchase of one kind or another – in this case a new High Grade fly rod. Here are some ideas that may resonate with you:
1) Purchase the rod for the “rule” – meaning that it should be the rod that you will fish most often when you venture out to your most frequented rivers or ponds. Make sure the rod fits the geography where you want it to perform.
2) Have the rods’ taper explained in detail to you. Make sure that you cast it, if possible, before shaking your head vertically as a sign of ownership.
3) Check on the rods’ guarantee from the company of origin. Misfortunes are a part of fly fishing!!
4) An outstanding fly rod gets “better with age” – Meaning that as your skill set develops over time your new rod will actually perform better! You will extract features from the rod that were “hidden” from you, but now benefit your enhanced skill set.
5) Realize that the fine instrument you purchased will never lose its’ efficiency. It’s not like milk over time – it will not go bad!
6) While price is important, it should not be the overriding reason for purchase. Treating yourself to a new finely detailed rod that meets all of your expectations will be worth the price. If your purchase price causes you to “eat hamburg helper” for the next year or so – Don’t buy the rod.
The feeling of quality workmanship and increased efficiency in your hand has subtle benefits over time that truly move the needle of enjoyment.
Come in to see the line-up of new Thomas & Thomas and Hardy Rods that are truly at the top of their class. I can assist you with all of your requirements.
Internet Purchasing vs. ESFS Purchasing
When you take a look at the rewards program being offered and all the products I carry for your needs, it should become apparent that I’m trying to meet the needs of everyone in the fly fishing community.
Please look closely at the rewards program in conjunction with your purchase needs as I can confidently make the claim that with the rewards program the Evening Sun Fly Shop is the least expensive fly shop in America – Bar none!! There is no fly shop that I know or any conglomerate, mega box store that competes with my prices.
|Internet Purchasing||Evening Sun Purchasing|
|Can’t see or touch product||See, touch and feel before you buy|
|Often you pay for freight/shipping||No freight/shipping charges|
|No custom fitting on waders or boots, sunglasses or any item where sizing is critical||Try it on before you buy it. Sizing is critical to your purchase|
|Not usually a knowledgeable, trained person to talk to who has used the product(s)||Well skilled, trained people to talk to and explain your needs|
|Minimal if at all rewards program||A rewards program that yields up to 31% for your purchasing. Unheard of in the industry!!!|
These are at least 5 reasons to consider calling, stopping in, or e-mailing the shop before you CLICK the mouse. You will help to support a local business that truly cares for you as a client and you will pay no more and always get FREE shipping to your door. Please try us out!!
ESFS Tentitive Dates
Beginners “Learn to Fly Fish” School – TBD
So you think you know everything?
The ESFS will be running every month interesting factoids…
June is the month with the longest daylight hours of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, and conversely, June has the shortest daylight hours of the year in the Southern Hemisphere.
CUSTOM Bamboo Rod for Sale
2 piece custom Gove Hill Bamboo Rod 7ft 4wt for sale at the shop. Custom designed for me. I chose to buy an alternative rod so this gem is for sale here. Priced at $995.
Millers River maps
Finally in. Come and take a look at the latest & greatest map created by the shop for this river.
New Fly Tying Items
New items that have arrived at the shop:
1) Lots of different soft hackle skins for wet flies and emergers
2) A very beautiful Red Fox skin that I have placed into pieces
3) A very different and unique Silver Fox skin – cut into pieces. Both these skins can be used for Streamers, tailing material, and dubbing needs.
4) New Streamer and Wooly Bugger Hackle. Lots of new colors including dyed grizzly specimens.
Squannacook and Nissitissit maps
Get your map of the local rivers – the Squannacook & Nissitissit that I created in the store. 700+ copies have already sold to date. These maps will make great gifts.